- Virtual fitness classes: Virtual fitness classes have become increasingly popular in recent years, and this trend is expected to continue in 2022. 6 FITNESS TRENDS With the convenience of streaming classes from home, more people are likely to turn to virtual fitness classes as a way to stay active and healthy.
- Outdoor fitness: With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, many people are looking for ways to exercise safely while still getting fresh air and sunshine. Outdoor fitness classes and activities, such as hiking, trail running, and outdoor yoga, are likely to become more popular in 2022.
- Bodyweight training: Bodyweight training is a type of exercise that utilizes your own body weight as resistance, rather than weights or machines. This type of training can be done anywhere, making it a convenient option for people who want to stay active while traveling or who don’t have access to a gym.
- Mindfulness and meditation: Mindfulness and meditation have been growing in popularity as a way to reduce stress and improve overall well-being. In 2022, we can expect to see more fitness classes incorporating mindfulness and meditation into their routines to help participants focus and stay present during their workouts.
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT): HIIT is a type of exercise that alternates short bursts of high-intensity activity with periods of rest. It’s been shown to be an effective way to burn calories and improve cardiovascular fitness, and this trend will continue to grow in 2022.
- Personalized fitness plans: With the advancement of technology, we can expect to see more personalized fitness plans and programs being offered in 2022.
1. WEARABLE TECHNOLOGY
Some popular examples of wearable technology include smartwatches, fitness trackers, and smart clothing. In 2022, we can expect to see further advancements in wearable technology, such as more accurate tracking, longer battery life, and new features such as advanced sleep tracking, ECG monitoring and more. Wearable technology will continue to be a popular trend among fitness enthusiasts, as well as for people looking to improve their overall health and well-being.
2. MINI WORKOUTS
Mini workouts, also known as “micro workouts,” are short, intense exercises that can be done in a relatively short amount of time. These workouts can be as short as a few minutes and often require no equipment or minimal equipment. In 2022, we can expect to see more people turning to mini workouts as a way to fit exercise into their busy schedules. Mini workouts are also a great option for people who are new to fitness or who are recovering from an injury, as they can be modified to suit different fitness levels and abilities. Some examples of mini workouts include bodyweight exercises such as squats, lunges, and push-ups, as well as high-intensity interval training (HIIT) circuits.
3. HIIT WORKOUTS
High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workouts are a popular and effective way to improve cardiovascular fitness and burn calories. These workouts typically involve short bursts of high-intensity exercises, such as sprints or plyometrics, followed by periods of rest or active recovery. In 2022, we can expect to see more people turning to HIIT workouts as a way to get the most out of their exercise time.
4. BUILDING A SMART HOME GYM
In 2022, we can expect to see more people building smart home gyms as a way to stay active and healthy while practicing social distancing during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. This technology allows users to track their progress, set goals, and access a wide variety of workout options. Building a smart home gym can be a cost-effective solution for people who want to stay active while avoiding the crowds and expenses associated with traditional gyms.
Some examples of smart home gym equipment include:
- Connected treadmills and exercise bikes that track your workout data and allow you to join virtual classes
- Smart weights that track reps and sets
- Virtual reality fitness equipment that simulates outdoor activities such as rock climbing or kayaking
- Streaming fitness platforms that offer a wide variety of workout classes and personalized training plans
- Wearable technology such as fitness trackers and smartwatches that can track your progress and connect with other smart home gym equipment.
By building a smart home gym, people can have access to a wide
5. LEVERAGING VIRTUAL COACHES AND CLASSES
In 2022, we can expect to see more people leveraging virtual coaches and classes as a way to stay active and healthy while practicing social distancing during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Virtual coaches and classes provide a convenient and cost-effective way for people to access fitness instruction and motivation from the comfort of their own homes.
Virtual coaching can include one-on-one training sessions, personalized workout plans, and regular check-ins to help clients reach their fitness goals. People to join live or pre-recorded classes with instructors and other participants, regardless of location. They can range from yoga, Pilates, cardio, strength training and more. Some popular streaming platforms that offer virtual classes and coaches include Peloton, Fitbit Premium, and Nike Training Club.
Virtual coaching and classes also allow people to access a wider range of workouts and instructors, as well as the flexibility to workout at their own time and pace. Additionally, virtual coaches and classes can be a more cost-effective option than in-person personal training or gym memberships.
6. OUTDOOR EXERCISE WITH SOCIAL GROUPS
In 2022, we can expect to see more people turning to outdoor exercise with social groups as a way to stay active and healthy while practicing social distancing during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Outdoor exercise provides an opportunity to get fresh air and sunshine while still maintaining safe social distancing practices.
Exercising with social groups can provide motivation, accountability, and a sense of community, which can be important for people looking to stay active. Social groups that organize outdoor activities such as running clubs, hiking groups, cycling groups, and outdoor fitness classes will be popular in 2022. These groups allow people to participate in physical activity while also socializing with others who have similar interests.
Additionally, many people are looking for ways to stay active while traveling or who don’t have access to a gym. Outdoor activities such as hiking, trail running, and outdoor yoga are likely to become more popular in 2022.
Outdoor exercise and social groups can be a great way for people to stay active, healthy, and connected during the ongoing pandemic.