Here are some key features to look for when choosing a high-quality leather jacket for men:
- Leather type: Full-grain leather, the sturdiest and most resilient kind of leather, is used to make the greatest leather jackets. Although it is not as robust as full-grain leather, top-grain leather is still a viable alternative. The least costly sort of leather is bonded, but it is also the least resilient.
- Construction: Strong stitching and durable hardware are characteristics of a leather jacket that is well-made. The hardware should be made of metal, not plastic, and the seams should be even and snug.
- Fit: A leather jacket should be well-fitting, but not too so. It should have enough space to move about comfortably and be long enough to reach your hips.
- Style: There are many different styles of leather jackets available, so choose one that suits your personal taste. If you are not sure what style you want, try on a few different jackets to see what looks best on you.
Here are some of the most popular styles of leather jackets for men:
- Biker jackets: Biker jackets are a classic style that has been popular for decades. They are characterized by their snug fit, diagonal zippers, and epaulets.
- Bomber jackets: Originally made for pilots, bomber jackets have a more relaxed shape. Their loose fit, ribbed cuffs and hem, and bomber-style pockets set them apart.
- Shearling jackets: Shearling jackets are made from sheepskin fur and are a great choice for cold weather. They are characterized by their soft, warm fur and their relaxed fit.
When you’ve selected a leather jacket that suits your requirements, take good care of it so it will continue to look great for many years. Following are some pointers for maintaining a real leather jacket:
- Store it in a cool, dry place when you are not wearing it.
- Avoid contact with water, as this can damage the leather.
- Clean it with a mild soap and water solution if it gets dirty.
- Condition it regularly with a leather conditioner to keep it soft and supple.
With proper care, your leather jacket will last for many years to come.